[TenTec] curiouser and curiouser

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Sun Jun 20 15:42:33 EDT 2004

The saga of the fishy Jupiter gets more and more curious. Being even more
inquisitive than Kritter the ham shack cat I did the following.....

First, manually cleaned my internet cache.

Tried the link again with negative results.  Recleaned cache.

Went to E-bay and logged in.

Went to ham radio, trancievers, other; search "jupiter," nil, de nada, zip.

Went to trancievers, search "jupiter," "jup," ten-tec, tentec, ten, nil.

Went to "ham radio" search "jupiter,"  nil.

Went to ham,cb,etc.,  search, nil

Went to consumer electronics, search jupiter, return - two items not Amateur
Radio related.

Went to browse, search jupiter, returned about twenty pages of non-ham related
items, no Ten Tec.

Logged off E-bay.

Cut and pasted the url, got an "invalid" page.  Clicked on search on that page,
manually entered the number and got the fishy offer of a Jupiter.  Noted that
it's supposed to be in the "trancievers,other" category I just left. Reread the
description, was as I remembered from last night.

It reminded me then and now of some of the deals I saw go down in my mis-spent
youth. Too good to be true - so it almost certainly isn't.  And it does not come
up for me on the Ebay.com site.

So it's still what Shorty Breck succintly called a "reptile in the woodpile."
Although the small one  said it with a Berliner accent  he suddenly lost
December 7, 1942.  About twenty minutes before the draft board turned him down
and two hours before he hired on with Westinghouse.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E
--
Never squat with your spurs on