[TenTec] Ebay

WD4K WD4K2 at charter.net
Sun Jun 20 21:49:32 EDT 2004

I haved always been confused at such zealous refusal about anything EBAY.
Does anyone, including the admin have a logical reason to be so dead set
against even references to it. Personally I use it every week for something
and have had nothing but good results for three years.
Seems to me that if we find TenTec gear there, or someone sees something
that may help another ham friend find an item they have been looking
for..then it seems a lot of cutting thy nose to spite thy face to eliminate
what is basically a quality online hamfest. Hamfests are definitely bidding
and bargaining... so what is the difference whether it is online or not? I
see no opposition to EHam or the others...and when you find items there, so
begins the "what's your bottom line, least you will take, I'll offer you...
and so on". At least on EBAY, using Paypal you have a heck of a lot more
protection and clout against bad deals, can see someones past history, read
comments about their past business etc...you sure do not have those luxuries
on Eham, any of the other ham/sale sites including your local hamfest. If
you get screwed there..all you can do is complain to your other ham buddies.
Someone please tell me the difference and where the best business is being
conducted.
Who made up this "rule" anyway?? I personally think we need to get out of
the stone ages and flush this silly anti Ebay bias. Just makes no sense.
Tommy