[TenTec] Reviewing the reviews

Richard Detweiler rdetweil at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 12:13:09 EDT 2004

I'd add the comment that there has been a dozen or so orions sold outside of
ten tec.

So it could be,   the reviewer is lagit.

The comments by many of people being able to tolerate the firmware problems
and people intolerant of the firmware have a lot to do with these things.

It's a hobby right?

The Orion has brought back a lot of fun in the hobby for me,  So I use it
and find more and more things that make it more useful.

Yes,  I get real upset when I'm in the middle of a QSO and something quits
working.  Latest firmware though has reduce these occurances and I pre-sume
that they will eventually be resolved.

No matter what,  there is a way to get back up quickly and I usually finish
the QSO.  Those instances though do not do well for the image of TT for the
people on the other side of the QSO.

Thus the drive and validly so, to finish up.

By the way,  an ARRL article in the current issue of QST on the Orion and
transverters is in error.  They are not aware of the PTT option put into the
Orion that would solve the issues brought up.

73's
Rich
K5SF