[TenTec] E-ham Bad Orion Review

KD7EFQ at aol.com KD7EFQ at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 08:00:31 EDT 2004

Hello, I did not intend to start any type of flame war, and I was actually
praising Sinista's
work with a little humor. I agree with his point that something should
perform as advertised and rated / described, right out of the box. If someone had
spent $3300 + for a rig, say in the Art Collins days, and ended up having even a
few of the glitches you have with the hybrid computer / radios of today, It
would have been sent back in a heartbeat, and the Collins reputation wouldn't
be what it is today.

 It shouldn't have to be a choice between performance and reliability in the
price ranges of today's radios. You should get BOTH, "Right out of the box".
I'll go back to observing threads now. 73.  Todd