[TenTec] Heil ProSet adapter with Orion -- hum

Kip Glunt ctst48iqqoqfi02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jun 24 12:35:21 EDT 2004

On, Thursday, June 24, 2004, Duane wrote:

> If the Orion uses balanced input, then why do they label pins 1 and 2 as
> Mic (1) and gnd (2)?

This was my question to, then I noticed that pin (1) of the microphone goes
to pin (2) of the transceiver in Figure 2-5 (September 2003 Manual).  If
Figure 2-4 is correct, that would put the transceiver pin (2) at "-" (or
ground)?

> And the PTT switch uses PTT (3) and gnd (2).

This is my next question.  Is PTT switched to transceiver pin (2) or
 "shield"?

Somewhere along the line, it was stated that Figure 2-4 was NOT correct.  I'
m not so sure about that now?

 73's ... Kip

 - Web Page:  http://www.qsl.net/wb3afl/