[TenTec] OT: Overseas equipment selling / shipping

Charles Greene W1CG at QSL.NET
Sun Jun 27 21:58:32 EDT 2004

Hi,

I sold some gear overseas.  One UPS shipped overseas, but the buyer had an
account, so it was easy.  I wouldn't ship overseas unless the buyer has a
UPS account.  He paid with a bank draft.  I made 1% in the currency
exchange, but my bank charged me 1%.  You just as easily could lose a small
percent in the currency exchange.  I just sold another rig to an ON4.  He
had it shipped to an airport in FL where he had made arrangements for the
shipping.  In this case, he paid by Pay Pal, who charged 4%, which is their
standard charge whether the customer is overseas of not.

73,

Chas W1CG