[TenTec] IC-7800 Review

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Wed Jun 30 07:10:07 EDT 2004

Hi John,

You may be right and quite honestly I have been giving that some thought.
The main reason I won't give up on Ten Tec is because for 12 years, I did
have both. An extremely reliable radio with top notch receiver performance.
That is with my original Omni 6. Twelve years of thousands of hours of
intense contesting, rag chewing, chasing DX and running it at it's max CW
speed of 68 wpm. The Omni 6 and the  IC-781, without a doubt, were the two
best radio's I've ever had the pleasure of owning. The IC-781 I made the
mistake of selling to help finance my Orion purchase, the Omni 6, someone
will have to pry my dead cold fingers off of it!

73,

Tom - W4BQF