[TenTec] Omni VI questions

John Rader k5xtx at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 30 23:51:35 EDT 2004

Tom,
The clunk maybe the amp key setting accsesed through the "lock" sub menus.
For non-QSK amps there is an LCO setting which I have not used, I use QSK.
If it is set to LCO a relay can be heard.
The backlight is adjustable under the same 3 sub menus, 1-15 intensity. To
access this menu hold the lock button for 3 seconds and choose 1,2 or 3. Use
the VFO to find intensity and LCO, turn LCO off. Arrow button to change
settings and lock to exit out.

I am operating portable in Colorado with a K2 so I am far away from my Omni.
John K5XTX