[TenTec] Virtual PC

Steve Muldoon stevemuldoon at mac.com
Mon Mar 1 22:47:03 EST 2004

Hi Dick,

I am running VPC on my eMac G4 1Ghz, but have not done much extensive
PC SW testing / checkout.  In general the VPC has worked "as
advertised" for me using MS/Word, Excel and a few other MS Windows apps
(I installed VPC with and loaded my own copy of Win 98SE operating
system).  I had good intentions to try some of the PC Ham SW on the Mac
using VPC to see if it would work OK, but this has not happened yet.
(too many other projects)

Not knowing if you have used or seen VPC in action, I think the
processing speed / memory overhead required may be the biggest concern
with using VPC to run "real-time" Ham SW for digital modes -  (let me
make it clear that this is speculation on my part, I have not tried it).

As far as the cheap PC idea, I am leaning that way myself;  I am
thinking it may be easier and more convenient to run a older PC laptop
with Windows and use it exclusively for Ham activities (digital modes,
logging, etc..).

73, Steve - N8KOM