[TenTec] guide to adjusting Orion receiver; filters and performance

Sinisa Hristov shristov at ptt.yu
Tue Mar 2 17:48:13 EST 2004

Carl Moreschi wrote:

> I've tried this test many times.  I do not hear the weak signal distortion
> with an AGC decay time of 20db/sec and a hang time of 0.35 and a threshold
> of 0.37 uv.  These values work very well for me for ALL signals CW and SSB
> signals.

Than can work to some degree, you are using hang time to reduce
the frequency of gain changes saving you from some of the distortion.

Perhaps you have a much better behaved noise than I have :-)
These setting used here clearly result in noise clipping,
not as severe as with zero hang time, but still present.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VA3TTN