[TenTec] New Orion

jimbrass at bellsouth.net jimbrass at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 5 21:53:43 EST 2004

UPS left my new Orion this afternoon.  I've had it inline about three hours now.  It sits next to my Omni 6+ and it is definitely the big brother.  After 46 years in amateur radio, I can say without reservation that Orion is the best radio I've ever had the pleasure of operating.  I watched ya'lls posts now for about a year and couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.  Well, I know now.  I'll not abandon the 544 or the Omni, but the Orion will drive the amp.  What a radio!