[TenTec] QUESTION: CORSAIR FILTERS

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at qsl.net
Tue Mar 2 21:06:19 EST 2004

I recommend the 500Hz filter in the second IF and the 8 pole SSB filter
in the first IF. Original Corsairs had a 4 pole filter in the first IF,
but changing this filter makes a noticeable improvement in skirt
selectivity. These filters do the job for me.

The 250 Hz filter is good for extreme QRM/QRN situations, but not
necessary most of the time, unless you do contesting or weak signal
work.

The 1.8 kHz filter is good as a narrow SSB filter or wide cw filter, but
again, not essential.

			73,

			Bob WB2VUF