[TenTec] 8 pin DIN to 5 pin DIN for Tigertronics SignLink

Richard Hemingway rheming1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 6 17:16:59 EST 2004

How to change an 8 pin DIN to a 5 pin DIN cable.  When I sold my Icom
756 for a TT Jupiter I was using SignLink SL-1+ for connection for
PSK31.  Lo and behold the TT has a 5 pin DIN and the Icom had an 8
pin DIN.  I called Tigertronics last Monday and ordered a 5 pin
cable.  Turns out they never sent it or did they put through the
charge.  Frustrated I noticed the pins are the same spacing on both
but more of them on the 8 pin.  Snip, snip and snip and I had a 5
pin.  Checked the wiring and all set.  Plugged it in and I am back on
the air with PSK!!  Monday I will call and cancel the order, or send
it back if sent.

Dick, N5XRD

Plano, TX