[TenTec] HERC II low power...part II

Bill NY9H ny9h at arrl.net
Wed Mar 10 07:57:35 EST 2004

ken,
tnx for the reply..

the fault lite is constantly lit , but verry dim,,, i thought it was not on
, and therefore a clue to something else...'

i did build the 100 watt pa for the elecraft... so i understand the
concepts of the output sections and hybrid couplers used to gang together
all four output sections in the HercII...

i wonder if i will harm the herc  / hybrids and other outputs if i run low
enough output power to test all four pa sections.....

i figure first verify dc power to all four sections;
then apply very little rf to see which one of the two pairs is not putting
out ...

off to the reflector archives

bill