[TenTec] tighter filter for Jupiter

Lee Crocker w9oy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 19:45:40 EST 2004

I use a JPS NIR-12 with my Pegasus.  To get the audio
out I just used a DC blocking capacitor, a 100mfd 10v
electrolytic.  The voltage on the speaker line is
about 6v.  I used a self canceling 1/8 jack, the kind
that breaks a switch inside the jack when you insert a
plug.  I disconnected one side of the speaker, put the
+ side of the cap to this wire then ran the other side
of the cap to the side of the jack that goes to the
tip of the plug when the plug is inserted.  The other
side of switch in the jack goes back to the speaker.
When I plug in the external speaker the internal
speaker in the Pegasus is cancelled, but the phones
still work.  Works fine.