[TenTec] An Icom 7800 Conspiracy Theory

Dave Bowker dbowker at mail.sjv.net
Sun Mar 14 17:11:16 EST 2004

My 1965 Corvette, special factory order, special equipment, 375 HP fuel
injected, close-ratio 4-spd gearbox, air conditioned, etc., cost me less
than half of the price of the '7800 ... and it 'snagged' me my spouse of 36+
years who just recently encouraged me to order an Orion as a replacement for
my "other luv" (and my precious OMNI VI+)!

I'd rather have my '65 Corvette back, because my OMNI VI+, with the K1FK
Roofing Filter mod. surpasses the Orion in the receiver 3rd IMD dynamic
range specs!

73, Dave, K1FK
Fort Kent, ME