[TenTec] 80M LOOP

tongaloa tongaloa at alltel.net
Mon Mar 15 13:09:22 EST 2004

Rick-

I'm a big fan of vertical loop having used since 1984.
Was just curious about the extra wire.

I have tried many different feed points and get my best 80m DX by feeding
1/8 wave from a bottom corner. I don't feed it here though because if
I feed it in the middle of one of the 33' verticals, it works well on
80/60/40/30 and 20!  All the other feeds result in por 20m performance.

Loop is presently 1/8 verts and 3/8 horizontals.
I have tried with a 1/4 vert on one end and a 1/8 on the other as that's the
longest I can go on the verticals with the trees I have. This antenna worked
great on 80 and 40. If I could it would be a square loop. Just don't have
enough tree height at one end.

73,
-bob
ah7i/w4 (honolulu/atlanta)