[TenTec] We need a volunteer

tongaloa tongaloa at alltel.net
Mon Mar 15 18:28:06 EST 2004

Rick-

I have this, in queue, as a project and was planning to ask what sort of
image
formats folks use for their drawings and whether or not they would like
to enter
text or not. If text, a block for the subject or a block per drawing, or
both.
Also a bunch of questions I've not thought of yet. Which is why I haven't
asked yet :-)

It will have a database back end like the catalog
 http://edebris.com/catalog2/

If you want to play with the catalog, it allows for demo or for creating
your
own account. Right now it's using 'banannas' instead of real dollars so
if you make
an account I may have to add a few banannas before you can put in many
photos.
The reason for this is that when done, I'm going to offer as combo
catalog image
hosting for guys who want to sell their edebris. I do NOT have a mind to
charge
anything for hosting drawings/hobby content. The catalog has over 5000
photos in it.

Anyway, that's what I have. If you want to look/play and then tell me
more of what
you have in mind, we can see how it fits in with the ideas I already
have for this
project and it might be incentive to move the project up in the queue a bit.

You might also look at http://bama.edebris.com
This also has a database back end and is a collection of manuals, I
mirror for Ken
who runs BAMA(BoatAnchor Manual Archive) but this will soon become the
primary BAMA server. The BAMA database is about 8GB.

Last of all, if a bunch of folks get interested in this, I can crank up
a mailing list
in just a few minutes so as not to disturb the tentec guys...

-Bob
ah7i