[TenTec] AM operation (Jupiter 538)

James C. Owen, III k4cgy_list at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 10:51:12 EST 2004

I think auto-set was used with an earlier version of the
software. With an earlier version the auto-set worked on my
Jupiter with the last couple it hasn't but the set up is fine.
Just set to AM, press the PTT and adjust the power out for less
than 25 watts and adjust the mic gain for the ALC light to wink
and all will be fine. If you make long transmittions on AM it is
nice to have a whisper fan blowing across the heat sink. At 25
watt carrrier it can get quite hot after 10-15 minutes, a fan
keeps it near room temp.
73 Jim K4CGY