[TenTec] Orion Aux I/O socket

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Tue Mar 16 14:55:10 EST 2004

> I think it would be more helpful, that we, before giving out advice on
> equipment, read the manual and make sure the advice we are giving is
> correct. The information given below this on the AUX I/O is incorrect.

The problem is that LEFT and RIGHT don't have a meaning if you are dealing
with the speaker.  I also believe from my testing of the Orion back in
August, that that description is a little simplified. For example, if you
route the main receiver to the RIGHT headphone and nothing to the LEFT
headphone, I think you'll probably have audio on Pin 4 (Left) and none on
Pin 6. I don't have an Orion to test this, but that's what I recall (when I
had my Orion, I didn't know about Pin 6 as the old docs only mentioned 5
pins).

Perhaps someone with an Orion could try various combinations of audio
routing and see what goes where on the DIN connector. I think the
documentation could be clarified.

Mark