[TenTec] Orion Aux I/O socket

Richard Hemingway rheming1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 16 14:13:13 EST 2004

Tom,

I talked with Stan at TT and the information that you gave in your
post is correct.

>It is possible that the sender was talking about the Jupiter DIN connections
>and not the Orion DIN connections, it is not completely clear in the senders
>description.

Actually I was talking about both.  I had a Jupiter with a 5 pin DIN
cable for the SignLink interface and was wondering if I could use it
to connect with the Orion for PSK31 use.  You are correct that audio
can be assigned from the audio menu to either right or left and that
I could use the five pin DIN cable from the Jupiter with the Orion.
However, the output of pins 4 and 6 are padded in the Orion and they
might not have sufficient output for the computer sound card after
going through the interface (unless it has a volume control built in)
- in which case the cable would have to be routed from the Orion
directly to the sound card.

My Orion will be here Thursday and I will see how the cable works.
Thanks to everyone.

Dick, N5XRD