[TenTec] 80 meter loops

Paul gw7lhi at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 21:28:18 EST 2004

Hi Pete et al..

I wasn't "getting at you" specifically..:-)

Of course there's no single solution to suit every need, and antennas is one
area that most ops can indulge in a little experimentation here and there.

I am fortunate to live close to the ocean, and we do get twice the average
UK rainfall here as well.
The back yard is usually quite damp, even in summer after no rain for
several weeks.
Digging down 10 inches or so will reveal damp earth.. or it did last year
when we had roughly 6 weeks with no rain whatsoever and daytime temperatures
in the 90's.

Getting back to loops, with apologies for the TT list hijacking, I wonder
how and where you are all feeding / did feed your loops?
Co-ax, balanced feeder, impedance of feeder, location of feedpoint?
Need for balun / RF choke etc?
Shape of loop?
Any good web sites or references? ( I have read lots of LB Cebik W4RNL's
material )

Should you wish to mail off list to spare peoples' inboxes, a valid email
address for me is
           gw7lhiAThotmail.com  obviously, replace AT with @ OK!

An interesting discussion, even if not strictly TT oriented.

Paul MW0CDO.