[TenTec] 80 meter loops

David Price wa4et at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 13:14:22 EST 2004

I have been using delta loops for years. The make nice low cost antennas,
especialy for Feild Day, and other portable ops. Although I have never made
a 80 meter loop, I have made 40-2 meters, and they have all worked great.
Last year while doing an operation form gitmo, I made up a 6 meter delta
loop, and worked a number of contacts during a band opening, and went as far
as connecticut. THis same setup went do to HKO in a refind format and was
quite successfull there also

I always use a 4:1 current balum, and you general get a flat responce all
the way across the band

DAvid