[TenTec] IC 7800/FT2000D/TenTec-?

Eric F. Richards efricha at dimensional.com
Wed Mar 17 06:44:01 EST 2004

At 04:45 PM 3/16/2004 -1000, you wrote:
>[...]  Best one for me on my
>340 is the ability to frequency lock the master LO to
>the GPS systems via the "surplus" hp cell site rcvr's
>now on the market for a few hundres $'s.  Wish the
>Orion had that feature,  for example.

Hi, Jim, et. al., at the risk of being pompous and
arrogant, I'll pat myself on the back for pointing out
these GPS disciplined oscillators to the group.

I just got my "Certificate of Participation" for the
November Frequency Measuring Test -- I was 0.3 Hz off
on the 80 meter signal, for an error of 0.08 ppm.

For the 40 meter signal, I was way off at 3 Hz with
an error of 0.44 ppm.

This was harder than it seemed, because of the low
frequency AF cutoff, I had to match beat tones on
either side of the signal and interpolate.

Anyway I was pleased to get some HF "wallpaper" as
a Tech.

73,

Eric, KB0YDN