[TenTec] The Great Debate

Duane A Calvin ac5aa at juno.com
Sat Mar 20 11:02:18 EST 2004

Jeff,
        I had the opportunity to use an Orion in my shack for a few weeks
last fall.  When it left, I went back to my wonderful Omni VI+ and I said
"Yay, powers on immediately, and is so simple to operate."  Then a day or
two later when my constant S4 background noise couldn't be eliminated
like the Orion does, and the wonderful SSB audio wasn't there any more,
well, I decided to order an Orion so I can have one here all the time.
There were a number of other features on the Orion I missed, and a RX
that is even better than the Omni VI+ is really nice to have.  I haven't
decided whether to sell or keep the Omni VI+ yet - but I have a few weeks
to decide on that.....

        73, Duane