[TenTec] Re: End Fed Antennas [Was: Capture area]

edoc kd4e at arrl.net
Sat Mar 20 13:37:23 EST 2004

Sinisa Hristov wrote:
> edoc wrote:
>>I direct-fed a longwire from an older tube rig and experienced the
>>RF nibbling at my lips ... but the solution was readily found.
>>1.  A good chassis ground.
>   = good RF fed into soil :-)
>>Toroids, etc. may be a more elegant solution but I wonder about
>>potential efficiency as I am guessing energy is lost on transmit
>>via heat in the toroid.
> The loss is normally ~0.05 dB (read: immeasurable :-)
> Precondition for this is a resonant antenna, ensuring
> low voltage at the feedpoint.
> 73, Sinisa  YT1NT, VA3TTN

I believe that there is no loss to ground except where the counterpoise
doesn't resonate (in my case it went out the window to a nearby tree at
the best possible angle I could get away from the longwire).

A resonant wire antenna across multiple bands?  (IMHO this is where
theory ends and practical considerations take over.)

Well, back out to putting in the garden ... right next to the future
tower location.  Nice to live 'in the woods' in sunny Florida!  ;-)

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida