[TenTec] Strange problem? PSK31` PTT

Richard Hemingway rheming1 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 24 16:45:07 EST 2004

I have run into a strange problem.  I received my Orion about 5 days
ago and from time to time I have been running PSK31 on it using the
SignaLink SL-1+ interface and both the MultiMode and DarwinPsk
software.  Receive is fine and I can run both software on RX on three
different stations.  Also TX has been working well.

My problem, today, has to do with TX . I key in a message, in either
program, and hit TX and can hear the sending of the message from the
computer headphones and the PTT lights up on the SignLink.  However,
it is not keying the Orion!!  Two days ago it was and I have not
tried to use it on PSK since.  Both my key on CW and the Mic of SSB
work just fine and key the transmitter.

The cable goes from the SignaLink to the Orion via a 5 pin DIN
plugged into the AUX I/O jack and the gain is set at 4.  I tried to
increase the gain, but nothing changed.

I imagine t hat I am doing something dumb but haven't been able to
figure it out.

Dick, N5XRD