[TenTec] Orion - sound card interconnection problem solved.

Richard Hemingway rheming1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 25 13:20:38 EST 2004

Thanks to everyone who answered my post about the problem with the
SignaLink interconnection.  Actually, as it turned out, I guess it
never worked on TX since I received the Orion about 5 days ago.  I
pulled t he SignaLink and made a direct connection from the G5
computer to the Orion and it worked just fine (setting as shown on
page 42 of the manual).  I knew then that it was not the radio.

TX was getting into the SignaLink as the red LED was lighting.  I
turned up  the TX internal control and also the AUX setting and
everything started working with it also.

In the end I decided to use the direct connection with the computer
without an interconnector. So right now I have both the SignaLink and
a RigBlaster (from when I had a PC) sitting in the closet.  If I
decide to run Virtual PC on the G5 (if they every release it) I may
use the RigBlaster again.

Dick, N5XRD