[TenTec] BPL Update

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Sun Mar 28 00:12:26 EST 2004

Well, while I second the motion to file comments with the FCC, and to CONTACT your congressperson, in my experience a telephone call is far more effective than any written letter. Our elected representitives generally have at least one office in each major metropolitan area in their district and if the telephone book does not have it your County Clerk's office should have it.

A written letter - on some sort of personalized stationary if possible, on decent typing or writing paper and enclosed in a clean envelope if not, is the third most effective attention and consideration getter. Please DO NOT write your comments on toilet paper or towels filched from work since such communications are generally wind up where the paper manufacturer expected.

A postcard is the fourth most effective attention getter.

An E-mail generally gets the same sort of response a wagging dog's tail gets. A pat on the head. In the form of a form response assuring you of your representitives undying attention to the important issues of the day - of which yours is not likely to be one of.

However - if it's possible, a visit to your representitives office is far more effective than any call or correspondence. If said representitive accidently happens to be IN that office when you call you have a very slim chance of pressing the flesh and presenting the case. And that will make the greatest possible impression on the Congressperson.

Whether that is a good or bad impression depends on you. I suggest a quick brushup with Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" before you make that office visit. Remember to smile, and a use a light but firm grasp if the Congressperson offers you a paw.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E