[TenTec] Corsair II warble

Bob Towers mm3kdz at beeb.net
Tue Mar 30 14:22:43 EST 2004

On 30/03/2004 at 07:51 Tommy wrote:

>Unfortunately Bob, you have a good radio that was designed many years
>before
>digital modes were used and at that time, the stability you are quoting
>would be way above par for those radios. If your getting a max of 10Hz freq
>drift, count your blessings. The PTO is not going to do any better.
>
>Tom - W4BQF

Tom,

Many thanks for the reply...

You are right, but what intrigues - and annoys me - is that on 15m and 30m the stability is more than good enough for me. If the PTO is this good on these bands, how come it deteriorates when running 20m, for instance? It's a mystery to me. Also, I have a Kenwood TS-120V which isn't a patch on the Corsair as far as performance is concerned but which has pretty good stability, better than the Corsair on 20m.

73

Bob
MM3Kdz