[TenTec] backlight material for the Delta II

Michael Melland, W9WIS w9wis at charter.net
Sat May 1 16:02:58 EDT 2004

Not sure about the Delta II.... but a good source for luminesent back light
material is Miller Engineering.

It's rated at 140 to 225 volts, 400 to 1600 Hz.  One 6 x 4 sheet of this
film made two new backlights for my Harris RF-350K and cost $22.95.  Lower
voltages just mean dimmer backlighting. I used a 115 volt source on the
Harris for the original  backlight and it's perfect.  Fantastic stuff.....
they sell a small power supply that will run them off AA or AAA batteries if
you don't have a voltage source on the rig.... I'm sure you could tap it
into the radio somewhere.  Works great for scanners etc too like the RS
Pro-2005/2006.

http://www.microstru.com/exp2.html  Kit # 2504 and you can just buy the
sheet.

Mike Melland, W9WIS