[TenTec] Orion Bandscope

Bernard(wtrone) wtrone at comcast.net
Sun May 2 17:25:05 EDT 2004

    I have been playing around with the bandscope to observe its operation.  Thus far, it doesn't seem too useful for much except locating signals on the bands.  I was interested to see if I could determine a SSB signal's bandwidth with it, but it doesn't look like you can do that very easily.  The display seems like it is dominated by the band noise and its response is very slow.  Am I missing something here?

    How do the rest of you use the bandscope?

        73,

        Bernard, WA4OEJ