[TenTec] How Much Damage From Reversed Polarity?

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sun May 2 21:15:38 EDT 2004

> I read in the TenTec manual that the connector is
> physically keyed for the correct polarity but I fear
> that TenTec may have inexplicably failed to provide
> electronic reverse polarity protection.
>
> Symptoms are no response when the power switch is
> activated (the fuse is fine).

Sorry, but I totally disagree with you. Ten Tec made the power connection
'fool-proof', but didn't make it 'idiot-proof'. Certainly not insinuating
that anyone is an idiot, but gosh, if you don't know how to wire a connector
and/or if you don't know how to read a voltmeter, I fail to see how you can
blame that on Ten Tec.

Tom - W4BQF