[TenTec] How Much Damage From Reversed Polarity?

Chuck (Jack) Hawley c-hawley at uiuc.edu
Mon May 3 13:18:38 EDT 2004

I can tell you that reversing the Omni 6+ power with the radio on or off
will only damage the oven for the ref. crystal. By the way, does anyone know
how much the TCXO for the 6+ costs and if it eliminates the 30 Hertz
difference on different days with the oven crystal that I have? I sent an
email to TT but they don't like to answer them. The time before when I sent
an email about how I damaged the oven and how much, etc., the answer said
that I should call instead. Well...so much for the 21st Century. I did and
got a new oven and a new crystal (part labeled Y1). The new crystal did not
oscillate, but the old one, put back in, did. I didn't bother to rectify
that loss of $5 to me...I like TT, but wish I could do my business with them
on the Internet at 2AM, parts and all (how about parts lists with real parts
numbers for these rigs?).
By the way, is there a block diagram for the 6+. I use the one for the
6...labeled "Model 563" for my 6+. It seems accurate for the 6+.

Thanks, Chuck KE9UW

---