[TenTec] subject added...rig specs

tongaloa tongaloa at alltel.net
Tue May 4 13:47:07 EDT 2004

Lawrence Matheson wrote:

>Scott,
>    I second the mobile/portable rig idea.  HF bands only and 100 watts out.  Small size and uncomplicated to operate.  I would love to get rid of my rice box in the mobile and replace it with a Ten Tec.
>Lawrence

My ideal traveling rig.

HF plus 6.
Carry handle
Adj 10 > 100W efficient use of power at all levels.
Quality speech processor.
CW, full QSK, built in memory keyer.
Built in universal power supply with BIG wingnuts for attaching battery
and ground.
Built in MANUAL antenna match and big wingnut for attaching wire (like the
marine rigs that have a big insulator and an SO-239)
Airplane luggage rack size with covers for front and rear and rugged
enough case and
covers that it could be checked baggage without additional packaging.
Waterproof case!
space inside for storing keys, logs, antenna wire, some feed line,
microphone.
Split ops with TWO freq indicators that can be red in full sun or in the
dark.
Accessory power on the front panel for a LED type reading lamp and
notebook PeeCee.
Two headphone with separate volume control and two key jacks.
Good filters and band pass tuning.

-bob