[TenTec] Cooling the Orion

Thomas Uhlman tuhlman at kimbanet.com
Sat May 8 10:50:22 EDT 2004

Press "MENUS" then "FILTER", and then you will see the top line is labeled
"Xtal Filter"... Turn the Multi Knob to select which filter you want to
use...  20 is the widest and is supposed to be the one with teh lowest
insertion loss, thus the best choice for weak signal work...  But as I have
learned, the main receiver also receives any signals 14kHz down at the same
time....

As far as entering a frequency on the keypad, I haven't noticed any problems
except that I still do not understand how the stacking registers work...