[TenTec] Corsair II Recieve

David N. pkmaint at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 22:28:48 EDT 2004

I am aware of the 160meter beast I have 800 ft.
beverages but when it is the only rig that I own that
looses its recieve at the lower end of the band where
my ant. are cut for but not at the other end including
above and out of the band. By the time I get to 1.800
the recieve is totally gone. Now on the other bands
every thing is ok. I did have it back to ten tec for
repair. They had to replace some pin diodes and work
on the alc board along with a new section of coax to
the ant jack. I had taken a bite from mother nature.
And being that I only work 160m maybe something
changed value??? Because before my sweetie (CorasirII)
could hear a cricket fart at a 100 yds (HI)and as far
as aligning you are right it is out of my league to
start with I have none of the equipment to do such an
operation. I was hoping maybe Just Maybe it could be
something simple to tweak. anything beyond that It
would have to go to Ten Tec.
Thanks
David KR4OW
If I take my mfj 259b and do the same thing when I get
to the bottom end its gone.