[TenTec] (no subject)

Don kd6hq at sonic.net
Fri May 14 17:33:26 EDT 2004

I am new to this form and have not gone back and read all the past commits yet but I am in the process of doing it.
I have noticed that sometimes a few people will come up with a particular problem while other do not see it even
if the same sequence of "steps" are followed.  It makes me wonder if there is a check sum that can be checked
for software downloads?  If there is not I would like to recommend the addition on one.  If it is true that the software can be
downloaded (incorrectly) and still remain functional (to me) that would explain the difference in how the Orion functions.
Of course the addition of a checksum routine will use up valuable program (software) memory but it might be worth it.
I would also like to suggest the idea that even if by accident a sequence of buttons can be pushed that produces a very
undesirable effect then perhaps the keyboard capture routine needs to be expanded to prevent this possibility.

But then off course you need to take these commits with a grain of salt... It's easy to say when you're are not responsible
for the software.....mostly I'm just curious.....

thanks, & 73's
Don