[TenTec] (no subject)

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Fri May 14 22:30:17 EDT 2004

KD6HQ wrote:
 >I am new to this form and have not gone back and read all the past
commits yet but I am in the process of doing it.
I have noticed that sometimes a few people will come up with a particular
problem while other do not see it even
if the same sequence of "steps" are followed.

         Very good observation Don!  One thing I have learned to do
is Master Reset after every new download, even if not recommended
by Ten-Tec.  Since this will reset most of your user settings, I
always store my favorite set-up in USER 1 before doing Master
Reset.  After the Master Reset, I then recall USER 1 settings.

         To summarize, here is the procedure I recommend for any update:

1.  Store current set-up in USER 1 (hold USER 1 about 2 seconds).
2.  Download and install new firmware update.
3.      Power down and then Master Reset (by holding MAIN RX/TX button
while turning power back on...and I answer "no" to both questions).
4.  Recall USER 1 settings (just touch USER 1 briefly).

Following this procedure will often prevent unwanted problems which
may explain some of the differences some of us are seeing.

                                                 73,  Bill W4ZV