[TenTec] Changing pilot lamps to LEDs

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Sun May 16 23:17:59 EDT 2004

Thanks Bob!

I looked at these as well and found them a bit pricey since they have a
minimum order of 5 units.  (I spent $12 Can or about $8.50 US to build ALL 6
lamps and the resistors were in my stock. As for the bayonet base - 2 lamps
were dead the other 4 lamps were - how can I put this - "sacrificed"!)
Also, even with the 120 degree lens it looked like most of the light would
be going straight up into the roof of the equipment rather than forward
through the meter.  So being cheap and figuring I could fine tune my own I
went the home brew method.

Thanks for the kind comments on the site.

73,
Rick
VE7TK / VE7ASR

Website:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk