[TenTec] New Yaesu Rig: Joke's on you guys

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Mon May 17 17:50:53 EDT 2004

While some of you are gleefully bashing the new Yaesu rig here,
I'd like to point out one, to you all no doubt minor, but nevertheless
significant item:

If you go to
http://www.yaesu-museum.de/Galleries/Page10310/page10310.htm

and click on the front panel photo to enlarge it and look in the bottom left
corner
you will see a mic jack that is a XLR jack for a _balanced_ audio input.
At last someone listened to the hams who are interested in transmitting
quality audio.  Was it Ten Tec?  Noooooooooooo.

We can only hope this is the start of a trend.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ