[TenTec] Orion 500/250 Filter Board issues

Ron Notarius wn3vaw at verizon.net
Wed May 19 14:26:02 EDT 2004

Bob's partly right; yes, the Orion is now in the lower 1/3 price range for
the upper high end of performance radios (and if Kenwood ever joins the
party, lower 1/4)

But... has the bar actually been raised in anything other than price?

The new Yaesu won't be out until the end of the year, and I haven't heard
from anyone who actually owns the ICOM yet.  Never mind the published
specs... until we put all three side by side and actually check them out in
real world performance, we don't know whether or not the bar that the Orion
has set has actually been raised.

Hype is one thing... or, as the late Roger Zelazny put it in one of his
books:  "Talk is cheap.  Whiskey costs money."

73, ron wn3vaw