[TenTec] Orion Notes, High/Low Cut

w4tje w4tje at mindspring.com
Fri May 21 07:20:36 EDT 2004

They don't change, other than the normal bandwidth change made by
tightening up the filter. But when I then push in and hold the high/low
knob, the receiver sound is dramatic.
Here's another example: bw is set to 2900. i then tighten high cut to 2200.
the receiver action of reducing the bw to 2200 is noticeable. But then by
pushing in and holding high cut knob for a second or so, the receiver
really gets quiet on the high end. And nothing else has changed on the
scree with regard to rit, or pbt.
Jack W4TJE