[TenTec] INRAD filter for OMNI VI/Plus series ... maybe Omni V?

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Fri May 21 18:08:10 EDT 2004

On the Omni V schematic the 2-pole roofing filter "restricts the receive
bandwidth to about 12 kHz for FM reception and also prevents strong out of
band signals from reaching the noise blanker circuits."  That is the NB is
downstream of the 2-pole filter.

Now for me the question is "How similar are the 9 MHz board on the Omni V
and Omni VI?"  If the same roofing filter is used in both then perhaps the
Omni V could be improved as well by a better roofing filter.

In the next couple of days I hope to get a copy of the Omni VI schematic and
compare!

73,

Rick
VE7TK / VE7ASR