[TenTec] new TenTec software 3.170

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sat May 22 13:38:56 EDT 2004

Could be, but I don't believe so. Quite a few times with my Orion set at 3ms
rise time, I have asked my QSO partner to check for clicks, both above and
below my frequency, both running barefoot at 100w and with my Titan 3, at
1500 w out. Depending on what rcvr they have (and most of these guys
understand how to adjust their rcvr to listen for clicks.) and how strong my
signal is, no clicks have been reported yet; except for one report with
1500w out, I was told there were clicks above my xmit freq by one ham, but
the second ham could not hear any.

I'm quite sure if you were to (somehow) drop the rise time below 3ms, they
would be more evident. The above information  is given without me having
fired into my dummy load and actually checked the signal with a scope.
According to W8JI, all Orion's create clicks, even when running the rise
time at 10ms.

So to answer your question directly, in my opinion, with the Orion, no,
there is nothing additional to watch out for as long as you use your
amplifier realistically, if at all.

Tom - W4BQF