[TenTec] Info on the Argonaut 515?

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at qsl.net
Sat May 22 19:01:56 EDT 2004

As I recall I had a conversation with a representative of Ten-Tec (Scott?)
just after theannouncement that the Argonaut was being discontinued. I asked why, and if
I rememberthe conversation correctly the reason given was that the Argonaut sales
numbers had fallenoff a cliff with the introduction of the Argosy. The price/features of the
Argosy (with its lessexpensive modular construction) compared to the Argonaut (which was hand
wired andmore expensive to build) apparently influenced a lot of buyer's decisions.
This would meshwith what Clark WA3JPG said.

73, Al