[TenTec] omni 6+ pbt tune

ac5e at comcast.net ac5e at comcast.net
Wed May 26 15:19:15 EDT 2004

Well, I have only had three Omni VI's, the Plus and the two Option 3's. In each and every one of them I found the sound MUCH more agreeable with the PBT at 11 o'clock for LSB/CW and at 1 o'clock for USB.  Of course, you can use a 12:00 o'clock high postion for all the modes - which is FB for DXing and contesting, but not so good for extended ragchewing.

>From general considerations, it would at least superficially appear that it would take wider filters to change that characteristic of the rig.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

Now, USB and LSB do tend to have a