[TenTec] QSK speed versus firmwave version

Barry N1EU n1eu at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 09:58:53 EDT 2004

FWIW, I've done some test recording of Orion's
receiver audio recovering from qsk xmsn at various
speeds with a carrier on frequency, for firmware
1.367, 1.369 and 1.370 and don't see any difference at
all (d'oh)!

BTW, I also tested my Corsair I and it's qsk recovery
speed is about the same as the Orion.

I'm not a real qsk fanatic so for me this is one big
non-issue anyway.  The Orion is quite a complex system
so I expect there to be a bit of overhead (delay) in
transitioning from transmit to receive compared to
simple hardware-only rigs.

73,
Barry N1EU