[TenTec] Omni V birdies - Final

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Sun May 30 16:56:32 EDT 2004

Well the Omni V birdie hunt has trickled to a close.  As anticipated, and
confirmed by T-T, the significant birdie at approximately 21.33 MHz goes
with the territory.  I have been able to eliminate some birdies and diminish
others so it wasn't a totally wasted exercise!  My major success was
achieved by adding some decoupling capacitors on the PLL and Xtal Osc-Lo
boards.

In conclusion - if you want a quiet receiver with Xtal mixing you'll have to
live with a few birdies.  Given the overall performance of the Omni V.9, I
am more than willing to do that!

As usual, a summary of the birdie hunt is on my webpage.

73,

Rick
VE7TK / VE7ASR
Website:  http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk