[TenTec] Cool Orion

emoss98133 at msn.com emoss98133 at msn.com
Mon May 31 14:36:36 EDT 2004

No, the flickering does not seem to be related to voltage as I have tried
the Orion on 3 different power supplys.   sometimes when I first turn the
rig on in the morning there will be no contrast just a blue screen and after
10 min it starts to flicker and come back to normal.
and at other times it works OK after just turning on and after 30 min. it
starts to flicker and the contrast changes. then I have to go into the menu
and re-adjust the contrast, sometimes I have to increase it and other times
decrease it.  it is not power related as I have the power set to 5 watts to
drive vhf transverters. and it does it with out even transmitting just
listening.   talking to Paul at TT we both think that we have a bad solder
connection,  we will be sending it back for them to have a look at it
sometime in August,  should be nice and hot back there so it should show up
for them. sometime days will go by and it works just fine.  still this is
the best rig I have ever had. just awesome when used for vhf and I have had
a lot of the other high end rigs in the past. this replaced my omni 6 +
which I traded in  (someone got a good rig.)
Ed   K7WIA